Be Inspired Issue #6: TAMUNOTONYE BARIMALAA



Today on networking & getting inspired we had the opportunity to interview Tonye Barimalaa an abuja-based DIY, Fashion & Lifestyle blogger & got to know her better, Read the full interview below







SOA: Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?

Tonye: I am diy, fashion and lifestyle blogger, work as a Social Media Strategist for few brands and a contributor on a travel magazine. My blog is mostly about diys, fashion, recipes, skincare and hair. Aside from the diys, my blog embodies budget living for daily living of a young woman.



SOA: Describe how did you first get into blogging?

Tonye: I started blogging when I didn’t know what I was doing was blogging. I often make things myself and felt a need to showcase my work not until I started documenting on a proper platform and researching about people in my niche that’s when I realized what I doing was blogging.

SOA: How do you describe your personal style?

Tonye: My style is simply just the girl next door, classy, sexy, something fun, and sophisticated.





SOA: What are some of your favorite fashion obsessions?

Tonye: Theres a saying, making shoe contact before eye contact! So shoes is it!


SOA: Coffee or tea?

Tonye: Tea.

SOA: What are your top 3 nigerian made brands?

Tonye: I seldomly buy from them and in no particular order:
Shop maju - @shopmaju
Twinkles Yoghurt Bar - @twinklesyoghurt
Recare Limited - @naturesgentletouch

SOA: Who takes your beautiful pictures?

Tonye: Most of my pictures are taken by brother and my friends, I take pictures of my flatlays and few of my pictures photographers & blogger friends.



SOA: How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?

Tonye: Running a blog is utmostly tedious, 24/7 brainstorming, daydreaming, and planning. How I’m able to stay sane, I try as much as possible to plan my post, schedule time for pictures, editing pictures draft my post before hand, use apps for scheduling post.










SOA: What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?

Tonye: Sharing my links on every social platform possible and forums with most of my traffic coming from Pinterest. For Instagram, the picture has to be of good quality before I have substantial traffic from Instagram.

SOA: What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far? and what did you learn from that? 

Tonye: Most challenging part of my blogging journey is spending money on content creation like my diy project and fashion/style post, I have learnt that I have to put in work by planning and budgeting monthly which something limits production of more contents and investing in my blogging career.

SOA: Tell us about your proudest achievement? 

Tonye: I haven’t had any specific achievements but I’ve have been able to reach some goals I set that 

SOA: Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?

Tonye: Ifeoma Amadi of @thesvnflwr through her creativity, aesthetics, captions and engagement.

SOA: Can you name some of your favourite bloggers and tell us why they are your favourites?

Tonye: Geneva Vanderzeil @apairandaspare - I look up to her for diy inspiration.
Ifeoma Amadi @thesvnflwr - her creativity is top notch for me.


SOA: Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?

Tonye: In five years time, I should have more contents people can relate to at any time, built a community that relates to my content, and eventually have worked with brands that understand my passion and work I put in.



SOA: What advice would you give up coming bloggers out there?


Tonye: Create quality content even if you have to spend money to create good content, if your passionate about what you do, there will always be an inspiration. Network with other bloggers and be yourself.














Get to know more about tonye.

Instagram @bytonye

Email bytonye09@gmail.com

Blog bytonye.com 

Want to be interviewed or collaborate with us? send us an email
contact.thestyleoracle@gmail.com

Share This Article:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :

Post a Comment